Your Carfty Girl Header

. .

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Kitchen update: Toaster Redo





I've been busy working on my kitchen and living room and soon you will see more, I'm almost done. I rent this beautiful house ,so unfortunately I can't paint and if you know me you know how much that is killing me. After our first white winter here in Utah I'm in need of color, so nothing is safe in my house right now and this toaster was the first thing to get taken over by my spray can.


Here is what I have to work with it's not bad but it needs some color. That yellow vase by the sink is what started it all. My friend gave it to me before she moved to sunnier pastures....take me with you. I didn't realize how much I liked yellow.


Look at Mr. Toaster just sitting there so sad, so white, he didn't see me coming.


I tapped up the parts I didn't want yellow and sprayed away with Krylon Sun Yellow. I was so glad that it came out and didn't turn out to be a fail. My husband came home and right away said "WOW!, that's yellow!" Mr Toaster is much happier now, wait and see what else fell victim to my spray can.



Image Map



12 comments:

  1. Oooh. I like this a lot. I am planning to buy a second toaster soon that will be dedicated to gluten-free breads only, and I would LOVE to have it red. Thanks for giving me a cheap way to make that happen!

    Two questions: Is the part you spray painted plastic or metal? Did you use a special-formula spray paint or just the standard stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool! I love how you went bold with the color.

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can go to my page here to get more info. Congrats!

    http://jmacreativemess.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html

    Joanne @ Creative Mess
    http://jmacreativemess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable! I'm pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love LOVE the toaster! I think I'll do mine cobalt blue! I also wanted you to know I've nominated you for a Liebster (I see I'm a couple days late!) Don't worry about doing two set's of questions! LOL. You rock!! Have a great day! http://day2daysupermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award-sisterhood-saturday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!!! I never even knew you could paint a TOASTER!!!!! Such a sweet idea. You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have to use high heat paint since it is an appliance? (Like painting an oven?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, how cute it this?? genius! Plus, I'm just in love with anything bright yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omgosh that is so cool. I never knew u could do that!! I love the pop of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there a certain sort of spray paint you have to use because of the heat the toaster gives off?

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you want your best toasters to work properly for years, you will need to take good care of it. And who says care, says a good regular cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The main functions of a kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to complete related tasks such as dishwashing.goodman ac troubleshooting

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a truly cool post. I love this kitchen. Totally the style would fit me.goodman ac troubleshooting

    ReplyDelete