Your Carfty Girl Header

. .

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Creamy Chicken Alfredo





So, I finally got back into coupons....Yeah.... It just makes me happy. Well, I picked up some Progresso Recipe Starters, cause they looked so good and thanks to my coupons I got them next to nothing. So, I came home and wanted to try them right away. They lead to success. Let just say Elizabeth asked for thirds.

  
And when all was said and done this is my true measure of success nothing left on their plates.

It was so easy and only took 30 Min. to get it to the table.


Creamy Chicken Alfredo
(adapted from Progresso)
You will need:
  1. Pasta
  2. Boneless skinless chicken breast (I used 2 for just me and the kids)
  3. 2 tablespoons of butter
  4. 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped, I pressed it.
  5. 1 can Progresso Resipe Starters Parmesan Basil
  6. 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  7. 1/2 cup whipping cream

  8. Directions:

    1. Cook chicken in skillet with oil, season with salt and pepper and cook till center not pink.
    2. Add butter and garlic, cook until garlic is softened.
    3. Stir in Recipe Starter and Parmesan cheese.
    4. Stir in cream, yum.
    5. Add in pasta, isn't funny how kids love different kinds of pasta, Lizzy wanted bow ties.
    6. Enjoy


This became a winner and will be added to my dinner routine.


Hope your family likes this dish and you too have empty plates.


Image Map



6 comments:

  1. I have a coupon for the "starters" soup, I will totally have to try that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I like Creamy Parmesan Basil the best. Happy cooking.

      Delete
  2. That looks amazing!! Great job!
    I love the background for your blog too! Really cute. :)

    ~Stephanie @loveolympiajune@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, Have a Happy Valentine's Day.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Is it just me, or does Elizabeth look like a preteen? When did THAT happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't just LOOK like a preteen and I ask myself everyday when that happened.

      Delete