So, I finally got back into coupons....Yeah.... It just makes me happy. Well, I picked up some Progresso Recipe Starters, cause they looked so good and thanks to my coupons I got them next to nothing. So, I came home and wanted to try them right away. They lead to success. Let just say Elizabeth asked for thirds.
And when all was said and done this is my true measure of success nothing left on their plates.
It was so easy and only took 30 Min. to get it to the table.
Creamy Chicken Alfredo
(adapted from Progresso)
You will need:
- Boneless skinless chicken breast (I used 2 for just me and the kids)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped, I pressed it.
- 1 can Progresso Resipe Starters Parmesan Basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
1. Cook chicken in skillet with oil, season with salt and pepper and cook till center not pink.
2. Add butter and garlic, cook until garlic is softened.
3. Stir in Recipe Starter and Parmesan cheese.
4. Stir in cream, yum.
5. Add in pasta, isn't funny how kids love different kinds of pasta, Lizzy wanted bow ties.
This became a winner and will be added to my dinner routine.
Hope your family likes this dish and you too have empty plates.