This is one of my favorite projects and I'm going to share it with you. It is super easy, cheap and in the end so usefully. I use my notebooks all the time they are cute and I always have a pen and paper. The mini notebook is always in my purse and always comes in handy. Let's get started...
What you need:
First. We start by applying the paper to the notebook.
1. Cut the paper. I cut one piece for the front and back cover, 1 piece for the binding and 1 piece for decoration.
2. I then apply Mod Podge to the composition book where you will apply the front and back cover.
3. Attach the front cover to the composition book. Run your hand over the paper to rub out any bubbles.
4. Apply Mod Podge to the binding area. Then atach the paper to the binding.
5. Apply Mod Podge to the decoration paper.
6. Attach decoration paper to notebook.
7. Apply Mod Podge to the entire notebook.
8. Let the Mod Podge dry. Because I applied Mod Podge to the front and back at the same time I stand the book up to dry.
9. I use a file to go over the edges and scrape off any excess paper, like on the rounded corners.
Second. Apply ribbon to the notebook.
1. I sew the ribbon on with my sewing machine, yes you can sew paper give it a try. I use the zig zag stitch for this project.
2. I make loops in the ribbon to hold the pens to the front of the notebook. I use the pen or pencil to size the loop, I remove the pen or pencil (while still holding the loo) and run the book through the sewing machine to make the loop. I like to do 4 loops in different sizes.
3. On the back I sew the ribbon to the back to secure it and leave a tail that will attach to the front with Velcro to secure the notebook closed.
Third. Attach Bow and Velcro.
1. I make a bow.
2. I use my hot gun to attach the Velcro to the ribbon, to secure the notebook closed. I use hot gun to attach bow to the ribbon, it makes the notebook look so cute, but also hides the Velcro.
You're done Enjoy. I never have to ask someone for a pen when I'm in a meeting cause it's always on the front of my notebook.